Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Episode 9: Death in Chains

First, let me preface with the fact that I am eating a MAMMOTH glazed doughnut right now and it is delicious. I wish you could all be having one. Also, I think for these recaps I'm going to start veering away from actual plot and focus mainly on hilarity, random fun facts, and subtext. That's what Xena is really all about anyways. Obviously this approach will be changed depending on what show I'm recapping. Though I can usually find subtext in just about anything ;)

Carrying on! Gabby is in her new outfit!! This one doesn't last very long, which is a shame because she looks mightily adorable in it. Has anyone noticed that I pretty much think Renee O'Connor is the cutest thing ever? Like a fuzzy baby duck.

LOOK at how Xena holds her sword. Like a total dyke, that's how.

So Gabby is rambling on about the current guy of the week aka random male character in one episode we will never see again. She's all, "Xena! What do you think of Tallus?" Xena TOTALLY rolls her eyes and gets all annoyed. This is how I know Xena has feelings for Gabrielle long before Gabby even realizes she's gay. It's all in the looks.

Look at Gabby being all cute and scared of the rat. Interestingly, Renee O'Connor is not scared of rats and while they were filming this scene she kept cracking up and giggling because the rat would nuzzle her neck and tickle her. ADORABLE!

Xena and Gabrielle save the day! Of course, it will be in jeopardy again next episode, so stay tuned!

*No Jumbo Sized Cocktail Rats were harmed during the production of this motion picture.*

2 comments:

  1. Has anyone noticed that I pretty much think Renee O'Connor is the cutest thing ever?

    Doesn't everyone? ;-) [Get in line BEHIND me, HR!]

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was wild when they dumped that whole pile of rats on Xena and that guy who was dying. I wonder how Lucy feels about rats, but she really seemed fine. I’m pretty impressed that Renee was ok with it because I would have been scared.

    ReplyDelete