Monday, June 13, 2011

Episode 16: Mortal Beloved

Blaaaaah. I'm thinking I don't like this episode. I'm going to go make myself a cup of tea so I can get through it. Some strong black British style tea, that's what I need!

Back! Though, obviously that took no time at all for you readers. Isn't time funny like that? Anyways, GHOSTS! There are ghosts in this episode! So we've had ninjas, and now ghosts. Later on in the series we will get pirates and cowboys, so stay tuned!

Carrying on, there is a ghost. Xena is off to investigate because she is conveniently in the same place this ghost sighting occurred. OH SNAP! It's that guy Marcus who got killed earlier in the season! You know, the one who took an arrow for that girl.

Marcus is trying to tell Xena that something has gone horribly wrong in the Underworld, but before he can finish some more ghosts carry him off. Like in that scene from "Ghost" with Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore. I loved that movie. Whoopi Goldberg is awesome. Especially in "Little Rascals". We're getting off topic.

Soooooo, apparently the entrance to the Underworld is diving into a lake. Who knew? Is this Xena's swimsuit? Or did Gabby just buy her some new underwear? Whatever it is, it's adorable on her.


Yay! Charon! Michale Hurst, aka Iolaus, plays Charon and he CRACKS me up. He's so great in that role. He appears a few more times in the series so we'll get to see more of him.

Blah, blah, blah things in the Underworld are all sorts of screwed up. Innocents in Tartarus! Evil-doers in the Elysian Fields! GAH! There's a reason for this involving a really bad guy, and a stolen helmet, and... I don't care. Blah, blah, blah, Xena has to save everyone. What's new?

Gabrielle is adorable while waiting for Xena to do her hero thing. That's not new either, I just like excuses to do screen caps of her cute face.


HARPIES! I LOVE the special effects on this show! I can not say enough how much I appreciate cheesy CGI. So Xena blows them away with her breathing fire trick. Bye, harpies!

NOOOOOO! Scary super evil guy is going after Gabby! This guy actually is kind of disturbing. I'm not usually freaked out by Xena villains, but this guy is apparently known for going after young brides before their wedding night, then chopping his victims up into little pieces. EW. And the actor who plays him is just... well, disturbing.

I mean, that's CREEPY.

Xena saves Gabby, yay! Gabrielle has this to say upon waking.

"Xena! Where's that maniac? Did you see the nose bleed I gave him? There was blood everywhere! Then he kicked me in the head... and then the next thing I saw was you. Which is a VERY pleasant sight."


Awwwww. (gratuitous touching) Gabrielle totally just stroked Xena's leg. Was that necessary? I think not. Was it awesome? I think yes.

Blah, blah, blah, evil guy is terrorizing people. Xena and Marcus are doing something I am going to ignore. Dooby, dooby, doo.... Xena kills the evil guy and sends him to Tartarus! Everything is happy again! Marcus is back to being dead and gone and I don't think we ever have to hear about him again. Yaaaaaay! Gabby and Xena are cute. The end.


You know, for not liking this episode, there are a surprising amount of screen caps and words. Huh... weird.

*No winged Harpies were harmed or sent to a fiery grave during the production of this motion picture.*

5 comments:

  1. Hiya! Just bumped on your blog by chance but I gotta say, lovin' it so far! :D Keep up the good work, the recaps are awesome! Haha! Even after such time after, Xena is one of my favourite shows... Who am I kidding? It's my favourite show! Rock on! (^_^)b

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I really appreciate that! And I completely agree, regardless of what current shows I'm loving, Xena will always be my favorite <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. a very pleasant sight indeed gabby. great recap

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bye again Marcus!! Don’t come back.
    I did like the ghost aspect though, and it’s true that the bad guy and actually genuinely scary. Even when you have the harpy CGI in the same episode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that about this show. It has all the things!

      Delete