Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Episode 41: The Execution

 Another so soon!? I'm on a roll. I should be getting ready for work but I can multitask so away we go.

We open on our ladies being adorable as always. Gabrielle is talking about some random dude who I remember is important to the plot but who cares about that! Because she also says to Xena, "You should hear me tell stories about you, then I reeeeally get going." Which I am choosing to focus on instead.


More plot about this Meleager...Meleeger... guy, I don't care enough to look up how to spell his name. Can I just say how much I love the random New Zealand extras who always try to very badly mask their accents? It's fantastic.

So anyway the Meleager guy is on trial for murder and Gabby is sure he is this amazing hero dude and tries to fight for him. "I'm sure whatever he did, he didn't do it." Great lawyering there - Gabby you're cute and smart but I don't think I would want you defending me in court. Despite her amazing arguments the dude is sentenced to death. He goes on to blah blah about how he is innocent, and Xena, being the level headed bad ass she is, decides to investigate (with some prompting from her girlfriend who she obviously can never resist). I don't know about you but I always grab my platonic friends by their arm and put my hand on their stomach....


Gabrielle doesn't want to wait for Xena to do her investigation thing and breaks the dude out of jail. Naughty Gabby, now Xena has to save you! Can't say I'm mad about it though. Protective top Xena can hang out with me anytiiiiime. THOSE ARMS YA'LL.


Uh oh, Xena and Gabby are fighting. They do that a lot but it's only natural to fight with your love, then you get to make up which is always the best part! Fighting, fighting, plot, plot, ok I have to actually go to work now so PAUSE and I will continue when I get home. Not that you readers would even know that.... but this is stream of consciousness right here so you get all my thoughts as they come. Anyway, until later!

BAM 12 hours later I am back from work, it is 730ish in the morning and I am so ready to sleep but DAMMIT we will finish this!! 

Meleager hero/murderer guy confesses to a drunken murder and poor Gabby is so sad and Xena is like hey you made my tiny blond cry wtf and also I'm very smart and something doesn't smell right about this whole thing so she's gonna figure it out like she do. Also the ladies have a heart to heart while Gabrielle brushes Argo's mane and look how far those two frenemies have come! A little Gargo... Argabby? (I'm making up random broship names for these two friends don't mind me I'm exhausted and slightly delirious probably) appreciation snapshot!


Some plot things are happening, hero/murderer guy is maybe being assassinated? I don't really care, what I care about is that Xena catches two arrows in midair, one with each hand, and then a third one with her TEETH like you do when you're a bad ass and your hands are full. I never tire of the utterly ridiculousness of every fight scene in this entire beautiful show and the SPECTACULAR physical comedy from Lucy Lawless in everything she does. 


Plot twist! Xena is somehow the murderer of this dude? She figures this out because of a sword. Whatever, it doesn't matter. Another plot twist! Some supposedly do-gooder judge is actually an evil dude. Evil judge guy kidnaps hero/not actually a murderer guy and Gabby oh nooooo! To the execution! Shout out to this hilarious extra who just enjoys the simple things in life like knitting while watching a hanging. 


Hero/not a murderer guy dies.

Evil judge dude: "Cause of death.....(long dramatic pause)..... JUSTICE!" Wow buddy, calm down.

Another plot twist!? They just keep coming! Xena actually saved Meleager and he only pretended to die to expose evil judge guy! Whew, what a roller coaster this episode has been.

Knitting lady at it again, keeping it real as one of the best random character extras. YA'LL she knitted a hanging dude! What a gem.


For some reason last episode didn't have a fun end credits thing, maybe because they did the Joxer theme song? Regardless, this episode knows what's up.

*By popular demand "The Executioner" will bring back his comfortable lightweight cotton-flax blend robe in a variety of spring colors*

No comments:

Post a Comment